Thursday 13 October 2016

Once more, The Game is Afoot!




A group photo from our first Castle Falkenstein LARP back in July 1996!

From its first release, back in 1994 to today, I have been a Great Fan of Mr. Mike Pondsmith’s Castle Falkenstein role playing game.

In the Past, I ran three campaigns, two set in Austria-Hungary & the Rhinelands thwarting the Prussians, and one set in Great Britain tackling the Steam Lords. For Twelve Years, we played through these storylines, mainly using tabletop games but with one or two live action sessions each year. Since then we have only played a couple of one-off scenarios.


Nothing new has been published for the Great Game since 2002, but happily, Fat Goblin Games have acquired the licence and released a new book and a rules supplement for the game. This has encouraged me to take up my Castle Falkenstein books again!
I have to finish off the 1920s Cthulhu LARP I am running in November, but after that I will have  time to plan our new Falkenstein adventure to begin in the New Year.



So, after a gap of nearly Ten Years, it is time to contact Herr Doktor Frankenstein and make use of his Patent Revitalisation Potion on our  old Castle Falkenstein Characters.  I think the electrical stimulation may be needed for some of our players too.

Once more, the GREAT GAME is afoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment